Below is all current council announcements, updated often.
IFC Fall 2021 Recruitment
This year, there are two options for Fraternity Recruitment at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. You will be eligible for both by completing this form. The first option is Informal Recruitment. By completing this application, your information will be emailed to the eight IFC fraternity recruitment chairs. From there, they will invite you to recruitment functions throughout the summer, as well as IFC-related events. If you decide you want to commit to a certain fraternity, you can accept a bid from any of our eight organizations by August 13th, 2021. Your accepted bid will be turned in to the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership and your name will be removed from the Formal Recruitment Process. If you accept a bid through Informal Recruitment, you cannot participate in Formal Recruitment, but can attend Bid Day events.
If you are a first time freshman, it is highly recommended for you to participate in the Formal Recruitment Process in order to get a better understanding of the Fraternity Community here at UL Lafayette and meet all of the chapters throughout the week. If this is something you would like to do, complete the application and wait for more information from the Vice President of Recruitment, Sands Green. If you are contacted by chapters throughout the summer, feel free to attend their events, just notify them that you are planning to make your final decision in the Formal Recruitment Process. This year IFC Formal Recruitment will take place from 8/30-9/3/2021. It is FREE to participate.
- Monday (August 30th) @ 5:30-8 pm in the Union: Orientation Day/ Presentation Day 1- a chance for you to get to meet all the fraternities and learn the recruitment process (casual attire)
- Tuesday (August 31) @ 5:30-8 pm in the Union: Presentation Day 2 - a chance for you to get to meet all the fraternities and learn the recruitment process (casual attire)
- Wednesday (September 1st) @5:30-8 pm: Philanthropy - the opportunity for you meet the fraternities and interact with them in a casual atmosphere (casual attire)
- Thursday (September 2nd) @5-8pm on Fraternity Row: Preference Day- last chance to visit with each fraternity as well as tour their houses (business professional/ tie preferred)
- Friday (September 3rd) @9-1:00pm in the Student Union: Bid Day