There are more than 23 registered sororities and fraternities at University of Louisiana at Lafayette, each with their own particular focus, culture and strength. Deciding which one is best for you can be pretty intimidating. Luckily, the Greek Life Office created this easy three-step guide to help you get connected with a sorority or fraternity that fits your needs and personality.
Learn about who and what’s out there.
- If you don’t already have a specific group in mind, use the three councils to see all of the different chapters.
- If you already have an idea about which group(s) you want to join, go directly to their chapter page to get more information about your target group, including their history, recent awards, and standing with the Greek Life Office.
- Please Note: You can only be a member of one single-gender Greek organization at a time. For instance, if you want to join both a cultural and professional Greek organization, one or both of them must be a co-ed group.
Get in touch with the Greek community.
- Like the Greek Life Facebook page and follow Greek Life on Twitter to keep track of all the exciting events and opportunities available to Greeks. By attending the events listed there and on the Master Calendar you'll have a great time while also learning more about what it means to Geaux Greek at UL Lafayette. You could also fill out our interest form on Org. Sync. you will need you UL CLID and password to get in!
Find out how they bring in new members.
- Now that you know which group you want to join, you need to find out when they're accepting new members. Unfortunately, this varies from group to group. Every sorority and fraternity at UL Lafayette follows its own policies regarding recruiting and accepting new members. Some accept new members every semester, while some only accept new members once in the fall, and still others accept new members whenever there's enough interest.
- Each chapter page includes contact information for the sorority or fraternity chapter president. She or he will be able to give you the most up-to-date information on when they're accepting new members as well as upcoming rush and recruitment events. You can count on her or him to answer all of your questions. In many cases, the president will also invite you to some sorority or fraternity events to help you get acquainted with the other members.
- You can also check out the Recruitment and Intake page to learn more about how each council takes new members.
And that's all there is to it! Thanks again for deciding to Geaux Greek. You won't regret it!