SORORITY LODGING GUIDELINES
1. No illicit drugs/paraphernalia will be permitted in any chapter lodge or on the premises on
property owned and governed by UL-Lafayette. If a sorority is planning a special event on
or off campus and wishes to serve alcohol, both an alcohol policy form and an event form
must be filed and approved with the Office of Greek Affairs at least two weeks prior to the
2. Lodges may be open during the following times:
Sunday thru Thursday - 7:30 am to 1:00 am
Friday and Saturday - 7:30 am to 1:00 am
If the sorority wishes to have the lodges open at other times, requests should be made to the
Office of Greek Affairs. Requests to stay overnight in the lodges must be approved by the
Office of Greek Affairs and University Police must be notified.
3. Guests are allowed in the lodges during the hours when the lodges are open. Male guests are
allowed only when there are two or more members present. The exception is when the
lodges are closed to all visitors during times of meetings, special events, study halls, etc.
4. Pets are not allowed on University premises which includes Sorority Row.
5. Since the lodges are located near a subdivision, it is imperative that members be good
neighbors to the community. After 10:00 pm, all stereos must be turned down. Also,
students leaving the lodges after 10:00 pm should not make noise, such as honking horns,
calling to each other, etc.
6. FOR YOUR SAFETY:
Sorority members should be extremely careful in the parking lot area when going to and
from lodges after dark. During the evening hours, the members should keep the doors
locked when they are in the lodge. Under no circumstances should there be less than two
members present in the lodge at any time. Any suspicious activity should be reported to
University Police at 482-6447 immediately. Sorority members should never attempt to
handle these situations without assistance. GROUPS WITH ALARM SYSTEMS ON
WINDOWS AND DOORS SHOULD BE SURE ALARMS ARE SET PROPERLY
EACH DAY ONCE ACTIVITIES ARE OVER.
7. Sorority members are expected to keep both the interior and exterior of the lodges clean and
neat. Sorority members are expected to keep the grass cut around the front and back of the
lodges, as well as maintaining all landscaping needs. Trash should be placed in the
dumpster, not around the dumpster. The area must be kept clean at all times. Random
inspections will be made by the Office of Greek Affairs. Sororities not keeping lodges neat
and clean will be penalized.8. Sorority members may park their vehicles at the sorority lodge lot according to the
guidelines established by the Office of Parking and Transit. Please be mindful that the
parking area in front of your lodge is to be used by your members. Please be considerate of
your neighbors’ parking areas. Under no circumstances should anyone block a vehicle.
Please do not park on the sidewalks. The weight of vehicles causes the sidewalks to
9. FOR SAFETY PURPOSES, SORORITY LODGES SHOULD BE LOCKED AT ALL
TIMES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD A LODGE BE
UNLOCKED/UNSECURED. SORORITIES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT
ANNUALLY ON OCTOBER 1ST TO THE OFFICE OF GREEK AFFAIRS AN
EXPLANATION OF THEIR SECURITY SYSTEM (IE: TYPE, WHO HAS ACCESS,
10. All sororities should have one fire drill per semester. This will be an unannounced fire drill,
but will be coordinated by the lodge (house) chairperson of each group.
11. It shall be a general rule of thumb that the Lodge (House) Corporation
Chairperson shall remain in constant contact with the Office of Greek Affairs.