Lambda Chi Alpha
113 Glynn Abel Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
Why Lambda Chi?
- We are founded on the motto, “Every Man a Man.” We assess potential new members purely on the character and values they exhibit. We are a diverse group with similar interests, yet each brother has their own unique background and story.
- Lambda Chi Alpha was the first fraternity to abolish pledgeship in 1972. It was replaced with associate membership, and since that time, associate members have had full and equal rights within each chapter. Associate members can vote on prudent matters and even hold office.
- Our fraternity education is a continuous process throughout every member’s college career. We promote growth as individuals, friends, leaders, and brothers. - “Pure, high, ever growing”
- Lambda Chi’s become leaders among the students at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Our brothers have been Freshman Peer Mentors, Soul Camp Mentors, Student Orientation Staff Leaders, IFC Executive Officers, and even Homecoming Court members.
- In every sense, our brotherhood is a family; for some, a home away from home. We aim to foster men who will be loyal and supportive to one another during some of the best years of their lives. But this bond does not stop with college. Thus, acceptance into Lambda Chi Alpha is merely the start of a Lifetime of True Brotherhood.
- Founded May 5, 1962
- Only fraternity to remain active on UL Lafayette’s campus since founded
- Over 950 local initiated members
- Recognized as a 5 Star Chapter for the past 8 years
- 100% of members involved in on-campus organizations
- Largest Fraternity house on the row
- Open Motto - “Every Man a Man”
- Founded Nationally November 2, 1909
- 300,000 initiated brothers
- 200 Chapters and Colonies nationwide
- 10,000 undergraduate brothers
- Lambda Chi Alpha and Theta Kappa Nu merge, largest merger ever in Greek community history.
- One of the youngest, but fastest growing Fraternities nationwide
- Lambda Luau - our largest social event of the year. Lambda Luau, a Hawaiian themed party, is hosted at the end of each spring semester.
- Winter Formal - we wrap up each fall semester with our White Rose Formal, whereas other organizations reserve the spring semester for their formal events.
- Panhellenic Sorority Socials - each semester we extend invitations and host themed social events with Panhellenic Sororities.
- Date Socials - in addition to themed socials, we host individual invitation-only social events each semester.
- Pumpkin Bust - week-long philanthropy event in the fall. Panhellenic sororities and various campus organizations compete to raise the most money and food for our national philanthropic partner, Feeding America, and their philanthropy of choice.
- Bingo Bash - spring philanthropy event to raise money for Feeding America.
- Brotherhood camping retreat - semesterly Brotherhood event where we camp, cook, socialize, and destress from our everyday lives
- Intramurals - we compete in multiple intramural sports each semester, including Flag Football, Soccer (Indoor/Outdoor), Basketball, and Softball
Awards and Honors:
- 2019 Small Student Organization of the Year (Ragin Recognition)
- 2019 Indoor Soccer Champions
- 2019 Homecoming Runners-Up
- 2019 Homecoming Court - Adam Roach
- 2019 Phi Mu’s Big Man on Campus - Patrick Sciambra
- 2018 Greek Week Runners-Up
- 2018 Homecoming Champions
- 2018 International Ritual Team - Austin Ladd and Cesar Mejia
- 2018 Indoor Soccer Champions
- 2018 Phi Mu’s Big Man on Campus - Greyson Higginbotham
- 2017 Greek Hall of Fame - Rex Jones
- 2017 Homecoming Champions
- 2016 Alumni Advisor of the Year - Jamey Arnette
- 2016 Homecoming Champions
- 2014 Greek Hall of Fame - Will Gardiner and Donovan Carlin
- 2013 Greek Hall of Fame - Michael Rivera
- 2012 UL Most Outstanding Membership Development Program
- 2012 Alumni Advisor of the Year - Chris Catalanotto
- 2012 Greek Hall of Fame - Dominick Rancatore
- 2012 Most Outstanding Sophomore - Will Gardiner
- 2012 International Ritual Team - Donald Bradley
- 2011 International Ritual Team - Donovan Carlin
- 2011 Lambda Chi Alpha Phoenix Award
- 2009 Lambda Chi Alpha “Watermelon Bust” raised $10,500 for various philanthropies
- 2008 Lambda Chi Alpha “Watermelon Bust” raised $9,000 for various philanthropies
- 2007 International Ritual Team- Josh Rogers
- 2006 North American Food Drive Award, 100,000 pounds of food raised.