Phi Kappa Psi
Lafayette, LA 70501
● Refounded on Campus March 30, 2013
● Consistently held a GPA average above the All-Men’s Average
● Has a cumulative amount of service hours of over 400 hours
● Participates in Movember philanthropy event every November
● Participates in the Running of the Ducks event with the Boys and Girls Club
● Rides with the annual Jeep Jaunt in partnership with the American Lung Association
● Tied for first place for Homecoming 2016
● Has a large number of participation in intramural sports
● Awarded 5 Star Chapter
● Highest GPA for Fall 2016 and 2017.
● Founded Feb 19, 1852 by William Henry Letterman and Charles Page Thomas Moore at Jefferson College Campus in Canonsburg, Pa.
● Run by undergraduates on a national level
● A social fraternity with a philanthropic mindset.
● One of the oldest fraternities in the country
● Has over 120,000 members total
● The Ralph “Dud” Daniel Award of $4,000 recognizes an undergraduate member who has made outstanding leadership contributions to his chapter, campus and community.
● The Ernest H. Garbe Award of$2,500 award recognizes a graduate or undergraduate student majoring in journalism or communications (including advertising and broadcasting).
● The Schroeder Family Finance Award awards a $1,000 educational scholarship annually to a graduate or undergraduate Phi Psi preparing for a career in investment banking, sales and trading, asset management or a related field.
● The Solon E. Summerfield Award Program provides eight scholarships to Phi Psi undergraduates. One brother is selected as the Outstanding Solon E. Summerfield Scholar, with an award of $10,000 and two runners-up receive $5,000. Four Phi Psis are selected as Summerfield Scholars with an award amount of $2,500 each.
● Founders awards for graduate study are four $4,000 awards for members who are in graduate school now or who will enter graduate school next fall.
● The two Winston R. “Win” Tate Awards of $2,500 each recognize graduate or undergraduate students in business, with preference given to those studying economics, accounting or finance.
● Phi Kappa Psi Incoming Freshman Scholarship (amount dependent on semester.) Available to ALL male incoming freshman. Apply here.