Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful, and highest.
Kappa Delta Sorority is a national organization for women committed to: encouraging members to live with integrity and honor in the bonds of lifelong friendship; building confidence in members to excel in college and throughout their lives; inspiring members to be active leaders, responsible citizens, and engaged members of the community; and providing opportunities and experiences that foster personal and professional growth for a lifetime.
Follow Us on Social Media!
Facebook: Kappa Delta Sorority - Gamma Kappa Chapter at UL Lafayette
Tik Tok: @ulkappadelta
- 2021 Spirit of Homecoming Winner
- 2021 Homecoming Talent Show 2nd Place
- 2021 Homecoming Float Winner
- 2020 3rd Runner-Up Miss UL Lafayette: Taylor Massey
- 2020 UL Lafayette Outstanding Large Student Organization
- 2020 Panhellenic Community First Award
- 2020 Co-Community Service Project of the Year Award
- 2020 Panhellenic Member of the Year: Madeline Gautreaux
- 5-Star Chapter: 2006 - 2020
- Highest Sorority GPA: 2009, 2010, 2011, Spring 2012, Spring 2014, Fall 2017, 2018, 2019, Spring 2020, Spring 2021
- Fall 2020 Outstanding Graduate for the College of Liberal Arts: Jessica Nolan
- Fall 2020 Outstanding Graduate for the B. I. Moody III College of Business Administration: Mary Margaret Gill
- Spring 2014 Outstanding Graduate for the College of Business: Laura Guichard
- Fall 2016 Outstanding Graduate for the College of Education: Amanda Sphar
- Spring 2017 Outstanding Graduate for the College of Liberal Arts: Katelyn Bayhi
- Spring 2017 Outstanding Graduate for the Department of Communication: Katelyn Bayhi
- Spring 2018 Outstanding Graduate for the College of Business: Healy Carden
- Fall 2018 Outstanding Graduate for the Department of Management: Alexandra Casey
- Spring 2019 Outstanding Graduate for the Department of Sociology: Maria Hundley
- 2008 UL Lafayette Homecoming Queen: Leslie Saloom
- 2008 UL Lafayette Homecoming Court: Megan Broussard, Margo Huval, Sarah Delahoussaye
- 2010 UL Lafayette Homecoming Court: Danika Arenibas and Randi LeBlanc
- 2010 UL Lafayette Homecoming Queen: Madeline Ortte
- 2013 UL Lafayette Homecoming Court: Sarah Leblanc, Lindsey LeJeune
- 2014 UL Lafayette Homecoming Queen: Madeline Ortte
- 2015 UL Lafayette Homecoming Queen: Annie Briley
- 2016 UL Lafayette Homecoming Court: Katelyn Bayhi
- 2017 UL Lafayette Homecoming Court: Rebecca Hebert
- 2020 UL Lafayette Homecoming Court: Kalli Rose
- 2021 UL Lafayette Homecoming Court: Sydney Babin
- Greek Hall of Fame Inductee Beta Class 2011: Emily Ardoin and Randi LeBlanc
- Greek Hall of Fame Inductee Alpha Class 2010: Lauren Baudoin
- Greek Woman of the Year 2008
- Greek Woman of the Year 2010: Katie Bercegeay
- Greek Woman of the Year 2015: Annie Briley
- Spring 2012 Outstanding Senior Award at Ragin' Recognition: Kara Bethard
- Spring 2012 Outstanding Junior Award at Ragin' Recognition: Lindsey LeJeune
- Spring 2012 Outstanding Freshman Award at Ragin' Recognition: Madeline Ortte
- Spring 2014 Outstanding Junior Award at Ragin' Recognition: Madeline Ortte
- 7 UL Lafayette “Who's Who” recipients for 2009-2010
- 2009: Krewe of Roux Queen: Amenah Abdelfattah
- 2008: 2nd Place Homecoming Overall
- 2009: 1st Place Ragin' Roar
- 2009: 2nd Place Homecoming Overall
- 2010: 1st Place Homecoming Float and Yell Like Hell Spirit Competition
- 2013: 1st Place Homecoming Float and Yell Like Hell Spirit Competition
- 2014: First Place Homecoming Float, Yell Like Hell Spirit Competition, and Overall Homecoming Winner
- 2016: Overall Homecoming Winner
- 2017: Overall Homecoming Winner
- 2018: Overall Homecoming Winner
- Overall Winner: 2009-2010 Up Til Dawn fundraiser for St. Jude's Hospital
- 2009 1st Runner Up Miss UL Lafayette: Brooke Colarrelli
- 2016 2nd Runner Up Miss UL Lafayette: Katelyn Bayhi
- 2017 Miss UL Lafayette: Kristen Hamilton
- 2018 1st Runner Up Miss UL Lafayette: Mallori Taylor
- Recognized by PCAA Acadiana and Second Harvest Food Bank for Philanthropic Endeavors
- Merit Chapter for 30+ years (top 10% of Kappa Delta chapters)
- Honorable Mention: Top Membership Excellence in New Member Education, Financial Responsibility
- 2021 Collegiate Chapter Community Service Award
- 2021 Honorable Mention: Recruitment Excellence
- 2021 Judy Hare Thorne Angelos Award
- 2021 Honorable Mention: New Member Education
- 2021 Academic Excellence Award
- 2019 Philanthropy Award
- 2019 Academic Excellence Award
- 2017 Academic Excellence Award
- 2017 Honorable Mention: Top Membership Excellence in New Member Education, Financial Responsibility
- 2011 Council Award (the sorority's highest honor for a collegiate chapter and is given to the group that best fulfills the standards and ideals of Kappa Delta)
- Kappa Delta, Gamma Kappa was originally chartered on UL Lafayette’s campus in 1956.
- Open Motto: "Ta Kala Diokomen,” which translates to, "Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest."
- Gamma Kappa’s local philanthropy is Faith House of Acadiana, whose mission is “to provide shelter, safety, empowerment, and advocacy to survivors of domestic violence.”
- Including Gamma Kappa, there are four Kappa Delta chapters in the state of Louisiana.
- Kappa Delta, Gamma Kappa holds an annual philanthropy week called Shamrock Week for our philanthropies, Faith House of Acadiana (local) and Prevent Child Abuse America (national). Throughout the week, we participate in daily events such as restaurant givebacks and on-campus fundraisers, we participate in daily events such as restaurant givebacks and on-campus fundraisers, all leading up to our largest event, the Shamrock Tennis Tournament..
- Our 2021 Shamrock Week raised almost $50,000 for our philanthropies, a record-breaking number for our chapter.
- Founded: October 23, 1897 at State Female Normal School (now Longwood University), Farmville, VA.
- Our Founders: Lenora Ashmore Blackiston, Julia Gardiner Tyler Wilson, Sara Turner White, Mary Sommerville Sparks Hendrick
- Vision Statement: Kappa Delta Sorority provides experiences that build confidence in women and inspire them to action through the power of lifelong friendship.
- Colors: Olive Green and Pearl White
- Jewels: Diamond, Emerald, and Pearl
- Symbols: Nautilus Shell, Dagger and Diamond Shape
- Flower: White Rose
- Mascot: Teddy Bear
- Headquarters: 3205 Players Lane, Memphis, TN 38125
- Philanthropies: Faith House of Acadiana (local), Prevent Child Abuse America, and Girl Scouts of the USA (national)
- Membership: More than 272,000 members throughout the world; 168 active collegiate chapters and more than 530 chartered alumnae chapters nationwide.
Campus: 104 Agnes Roth Dr., Lafayette, LA 70506
States Mailing: P O Box 40465, Lafayette, LA 70504
Kappa Delta offers numerous scholarship and internship possibilities for both collegiate and alumnae women. In total, the Kappa Delta Foundation provides over $450,000 in scholarships every year. For more information on these opportunities, visit Kappa Delta Sorority.
Kappa Delta will be participating in UL Lafayette Panhellenic Council Fall Recruitment. Please see the Panhellenic Council page for more information.